Celebrating as a Community
- Collectively celebrating Neurodiversity as a positive individual drive for personal growth and a societal force for positive change in society.
- Being part of a supportive, understanding and compassionate community that views Neurodiversity as a valued personal asset that can bring many positives to life.
PowerWood supports neurodiverse individuals and families with non-neuro-typical and overexcitable (OE) individuals towards leading a more harmonious family life, where people are able to use the high level of energy associated with Overexcitability to fulfil their passions and dreams.
We aim for
- Safety – Provide a safe, non-judgemental space to connect, learn and grow together.
- Confidence – Give individuals and parents the information, tools and strategies to be able to build their energy reserve, resilience and calm, to communicate in an effective and caring manner and focus on their goals.
- Connection – Increase access to individuals and families encountering the same challenges and to the natural world and sustainable living. Through connecting with nature, we connect on a deeper level with ourselves and our children.
Our Core Values
- Self-Belief – We are the experts on ourselves, our children and what is and what isn’t possible in our situation and are compassionate to ourselves and others where ever we are on our personal path.
- Diversity – We celebrate, cherish and embrace our Neurodiversity as a natural variation and a positive asset to our community.
- Community – We offer each other understanding, compassion and support.
- Authenticity – We model being true to ourselves, authentically, as far as we are aware and happily unique.
PowerWood supports individuals and families to feel confident about their personal choices and make independent informed decisions, drawing on a wide range of theories, models and clinical experience, adapted to clients, participants or community members personal circumstances, belief systems, and lifestyle choices.
Find understanding, tools and strategies that work in an understanding, respectful and compassionate Community.
PowerWood can be your and your families advocate and your second family.
Join Our Community
Book a Free Talk with a Professional
Your Free Introductory Talk of 45-60 minutes by Skype, FaceTime or phone (in the UK) will be with Senior Consultant Simone de Hoogh. To book please fill in the form below. You can book a FIT if you would like to discuss the results of the OE Questionnaire and/or to share your worries with an experienced professional and to explore if PowerWood in any way can support you.